February 26, 2020
So you have had a new CCTV System installed?
As with any new system we tend to be good at managing it when we first have it but as time goes on we get lapse, until we need it.
We have put together our top CCTV tips to get the most out of your new CCTV System.
- Check recordings on a weekly basis to ensure you are confident in accessing them when required
- Check your hard drive is recording on a minimum of a weekly basis
- Check how long your hard drive is recording for so you know how long you have to download any footage you need
- Keep your cameras free of cobwebs and dust- this will improve your night images
- Make sure you are displaying the correct signage for your premises – https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/cctv/
- If you are fitting lighting after you have had CCTV installed, talk to your engineer about locations of the lights as this can affect the quality of your images
- If you change your router or reset it it’s likely that this will affect your remote connection, check with your engineer prior to doing this for advice
- If you lose remote connection, check your system is still connected to your router, this will be via a direct cable or via powerline adaptors make sure they are plugged in and switched on
- If your internet connection is down, your CCTV will still be recording to its internal hard drive. As soon as your connection resumes you will be able to access all of the data you missed!
- Practice downloading images and footage from your system. Make sure you are confident in using the system as when you come to need it you need to be confident in using it.
We hope you’ve found these points helpful, but if you have any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01908 483233, 01205 449399 or 01733 598039, or drop us a message via our contact page.
Locked and Secure Ltd: your trusted safety and security advisers. Professional service with a personal touch.
Milton Keynes | Northamptonshire | Bedfordshire | Buckinghamshire | Hertfordshire
| Peterborough | Boston | Spalding | Sleaford | Grantham