December 12, 2017
Christmas Security Tips for Businesses
Everyone should be able to enjoy a fun festive period, but sometimes theft and criminal damage ruin what should be a happy time.
As always, we’re here to keep you, your colleagues, your business premises and your assets safe and secure. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of free, practical steps you can all take at work to avoid being a victim of crime this festive period.
- Never leave your reception unattended and ensure all visitors sign in using a guest book
- If you see someone you don’t think should be in the building, ask them why they’re there
- Don’t leave bags, valuables or presents you’ve bought on your lunchbreak unattended
- Keep your bag with you at all times during your work’s Christmas party
- If you’re Christmas shopping during your lunchbreak, hide your purchases from view by locking them in your car boot or taking them back to the office with you
- Be cautious on the way back to your car, especially if there is poor lighting outside your building
- Make sure all the windows and doors in your building are locked shut
- Always set your intruder alarm
- Ensure you have an up-to-date list of keyholders and their contact details
- Ensure your keyholders have the relevant access keys and codes and are trained in using the alarm system
- Ensure the right people have access to the right places, especially if rotas change over the festive period
- Lock down all rooms that won’t be needed over the Christmas period
- Check your CCTV recordings regularly to ensure all your cameras are recording and focused correctly
- Report any suspicious behaviour to the police
If you’d like to know more about our security services for businesses and commercial properties, please call us on 01908 483233, 01205 449399 or 01733 598039 Alternatively, you can write to us via our contact page or request your free, no-obligation site survey. We look forward to hearing from you.
Locked and Secure Ltd covers:
Milton Keynes | Buckinghamshire | Northamptonshire | Bedfordshire |
Hertfordshire | Peterborough | Boston | Spalding | Sleaford | Grantham