March 24, 2014
Wired Vs Wireless Alarm Systems
There are pros and cons to both wired and wireless alarm systems and making a choice between them can be confusing when considering installing a new Burglar Alarm System. To help you out we have given you a list of some of the advantages for each below.
Advantages of a Wireless Burglar Alarm System:
- No damage to décor during installation
- Much quicker to install- therefore saves on labour time
- You can expand the system at any time
- Reliability of wireless technology has significantly improved over the years so false alarms are no more common than on a wired system.
- Moving home? Take your alarm with you! No wires mean it’s easy to remove devises and reposition in your new property!
- Most wireless systems come with inbuilt speech diallers to enable the alarm to contact you when triggered- This is often an additional cost with a wired system
Advantages of a Wired Burglar Alarm System:
- Cost of parts and components are often cheaper than with wireless systems, although the time to install is significantly longer thus often making them a more expensive option. Many new homes come with pre wiring for an alarm system so this can dramatically reduce the cost of install.
- On larger properties can be more reliable due to this distance between devices and the panel and can avoid the need for range expanders thus reducing costs.
- Wired system do not require battery changes in all devices as with a wireless system and so services can be less expensive (although this varies from company to company)
All our wireless and wired systems are installed to a minimum of a Grade 2 specification. At present, if you require a Grade 3 or above system then you will need to have a hard wired system.
Give us a call… we install both wired and wireless alarm systems so will be able to give you the best advice for your situation.
Don’t forget, aside from a physical deterrent security is as much about your own piece of mind and what makes you feel safe does not always work for everyone.
We aim to find the best solution to meet your needs and that of your family or business as well as considering your insurance requirements, property size/ type and a full risk assessment.
Call us on 01908 483233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to find us on Facebook for regular offers, advice and tips on home security- www.facebook/LockedandSecure
Locked and Secure Ltd covers:
Milton Keynes | Buckinghamshire | Northamptonshire | Bedfordshire | Hertfordshire | Peterborough | Boston | Spalding | Sleaford | Grantham